Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dead and Gone?

Hey guys, Scott here just checking in after a really rough month.

Just about a month ago, we started to change over servers since our current server could not handle the load. Well, about two days after the order was put in, my partner owner Greg got into a pretty bad car accident. He was t-boned by a drunk driver while driving his Chevrolet Impala by a Dodge Ram doing over 50mph, and pushed into another vehicle. He was rushed to the hospital after prying away the passenger door. For a few days thereafter, he was in pretty bad shape, and mostly unconscious. Needless to say he's still lucky to be alive. Even better, he is expected to make an almost full recovery after a LOT of physical therapy and rehabilitation.

Well, after this happened, our old host kicked us off the server. And it was the least of my concerns with one of my best friends in the hospital. After about a week, I thought about it but realized he's the one that handles the server, and I don't even have all of the passwords for everything. I talked to him, but he couldn't remember all of them himself, and also stated that he no longer wants to be a part of this site, as an owner, administrator, or user. I respect this, and so now I am going to bust-ass to get the site back up on my own with the help of our other admin and owner Rob.

Please be patient while we try to get the site back up. I can't guarantee all the data will be back, but I will try my hardest. It is not an easy task, and it's been a rough month for me, so just please don't make it any harder for me.

Thank you,
Scott

P.S. I also relocated with my employer to Tennessee, and have been really busy moving all my stuff and selling my house in Arizona!

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for staying with us through all this. It's nice to know how dedicated you are to the website no matter how tough things get. I thought you guys were gone for good, but I should have counted on you to come back. Take your time, real life comes before this. We appreciate what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope he gets better.

    and the site

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're wating =). but i cant hold to long. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww man i thought it was just shut down because of aviolation or something
    i never thought it would be this
    that sucks give Greg my condolences
    and hope to see the site back up

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is dead 4 a while.. =( i would like to see the site back too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo....... years later, we still want it back. What's the word?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want the site back, it had a nice slideshow so XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. i guess the site is never coming back i never even got to see it :*(

    ReplyDelete
  9. inb4: Scott is dead

    ReplyDelete